The Coffee Bros is reader-supported. Affiliate links on our site may earn us a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Are you someone who can’t start your day without a freshly brewed cup of joe? Do you have an OXO coffee maker that you just can’t live without? If so, you’re in luck! We’re going to show you how to clean your OXO coffee maker so that you can keep enjoying delicious coffee for years to come!
The Importance Of Cleaning An Oxo Coffee Maker
First things first, let’s talk about why it’s essential to clean your coffee maker regularly. A dirty coffee maker can harbor all sorts of gross things, like mold and bacteria, which can end up in your coffee and make you sick.
Gross, right? Plus, a dirty coffee maker won’t work as efficiently as a clean one, which means you might not be getting the best-tasting coffee possible.
Cleaning Your Oxo Coffee Maker
It’s actually pretty simple to clean one! Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Unplug your coffee maker and let it cool down. You don’t want to burn yourself or damage the machine by trying to clean it while it’s still hot.
- Remove the carafe and any filters or other parts that are easy to take out. Rinse them off with warm water to get rid of any coffee grounds or other debris.
- Mix together equal parts water and white vinegar in a bowl. This will create a cleaning solution that will help to break up any grime or buildup that has accumulated.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe down the exterior of your coffee maker, including the control panel and any buttons or knobs. Be sure to pay attention to any nooks and crannies where grime might be hiding.
- Once the exterior of your coffee maker is clean, it’s time to tackle the inside. Pour the water and vinegar mixture into the water reservoir and run the coffee maker as if you were making a pot of coffee. This will help to clean the inside of the machine, including the water lines and the heating element.
- Once the cleaning cycle is complete, let the coffee maker cool down again. Then, rinse out the water tank and any other removable parts with warm water.
- Finally, refill the water reservoir with fresh water and run another cycle to rinse out any remaining vinegar. This will help to remove any lingering vinegar taste from your coffee.
How Often Should You Clean It?
Now that your OXO coffee maker is sparkling clean, you might be wondering how often you should repeat the cleaning process.
The answer to that question depends on a few different things, including how often you use your coffee maker and how “hard” your water is.
As a general rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to clean your coffee maker at least once a month. If you use your coffee maker frequently or if you have hard water, you may want to clean it even more often.
Hard water can leave mineral deposits in your coffee maker, which can make the machine less efficient, and it can also impact the taste of your coffee.
However, the type of coffee beans you use will still play a major role in determining the overall taste – check out the best ones by country here.
Other Recommendations To Keep Your Oxo Running Smoothly
In addition to regular cleaning, there are a few other things you can do to keep your OXO coffee maker in good working order. For example, you should always use fresh, cold water when making coffee. This will help to ensure that your coffee tastes as good as possible.
You should also be careful not to overfill the water reservoir, as this can cause water to overflow and make a mess. Furthermore, it’s a good idea to clean out the coffee grounds basket and any filters regularly to prevent them from clogging up the machine.
Cleaning your OXO coffee maker every so often is an essential part of maintaining your machine. By taking a few simple steps to clean your coffee maker, you can keep it running smoothly and ensure that your coffee tastes as good as possible – just the way it was intended.
If you found this post helpful, we’d like to invite you to join our free newsletter! You’ll get one email a month telling you all about our new posts.