The Coffee Bros is reader-supported. Affiliate links on our site may earn us a small commission at no extra cost to you.
A coffee milkshake with ice cream is a lovely refreshing drink for those days when it’s just too hot and you want something to cool you down. If this sounds enticing, we have the perfect recipe for making it yourself.
Like frappes, milkshakes are a great drink for those hot summers. Taking only 5 minutes of your time, you can enjoy this lovely drink almost straight away.
So, let’s get right into it and show you this easy recipe to make it, as well as answering some other related questions.
How to Make the Coffee Milkshake with Ice Cream: The Quick Answer
It is quite simple to make this recipe, all you have to do is throw all the following ingredients into a blender.
What are the Ingredients for This Recipe?
The ingredients for this one are pretty simple. Take a look at them here:
- Coffee (Any kind of coffee will do the trick)
- Milk (Choose your preferred milk type, and it will still taste delicious)
- Cocoa Powder
- Ice Cream (Vanilla flavor is preferred here for great taste)
- Optional: Extra Sugar
How to Make Coffee Milkshake with Ice Cream: A Guide
So, let’s start making this easy recipe for a deliciously refreshing coffee milkshake with ice cream.
1. The first thing to do is to make the coffee. There are lots of great ways to make coffee, from espresso to french press and other types.
However, instant coffee usually works best for this recipe, so let’s explain how to do it using this easy-to-make style. Firstly, heat up a cup of water.
Then, add 1 to 2 teaspoons (depending on the strength you want coffee to be in the milkshake) of instant coffee to your mug. Pour hot water into the coffee, and stir until all the little granules have disappeared. And there you have your coffee!
2. After doing this and adding it to the blender, it’s time to add the milk to the mix. As we mentioned earlier, any type of milk works well, but ensure to put around half a cup of it in the blender so that the consistency is good for the milkshake.
3. Now it’s time for ice cream. Add 2 to 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream to the blender to provide that chilly yet sweet taste to the coffee milkshake.
4. After this is done, it’s time for the cocoa powder. Chocolate syrup also works well for this recipe if you’ve run out of cocoa powder. Half a tablespoon should be enough to add that extra bit of sweetness to the drink.
5. Now that all the ingredients have been added, it’s time to get blending. Blend the mixture until it has a texture that is quite smooth yet still frothy.
6. Once this is done, all you have to do now is pour it into a glass, and add a few more scoops of ice cream and chocolate syrup. Feel free to add a sprinkling of sugar to give it a sweeter taste.
7. Your coffee milkshake with ice cream is all ready for you to enjoy drinking!
Is It Possible to Make a Decaf Coffee Milkshake with Ice Cream?
Many people who want to enjoy this recipe in the evenings, or those who simply don’t enjoy the effects of caffeine, may want to have a decaf coffee milkshake with ice cream.
Luckily, this is quite easy to do. Simply, get some decaf instant coffee powder, which many supermarkets sell, and you should be able to do everything else in the recipe exactly the same while achieving the same delicious result.
Blending: How to Find the Right One For Your Needs
Choosing the right blender for your milkshake needs can be hard.
There are so many different types, all of which come in different sizes and different names.
Firstly, we would like to recommend one that is over 16oz, as this is enough for a single milkshake, but not much more if you invite your friends over and want to make them your delicious creations.
What’s more, you also want one that can crush ice. Even though you won’t be crushing ice, you will be crushing ice cream, which has a much harder consistency than liquids.
One great blender that can do all this and make coffee milkshakes with ice cream easily is the one below. Take a look:
How Healthy Is the Coffee Milkshake and Ice Cream?
So, although this coffee milkshake is extremely refreshing with a great taste, it’s not healthy by any stretch of the imagination.
Thanks to the chocolate syrup, cocoa powder, and extra sugar to provide a sweeter taste, it is probably best to not have too many of these a day!
However, one of the great things about milkshakes, and recipes in general, is that you can modify and change them to suit your liking.
Why not add a banana to the mix to create a banana coffee milkshake to provide a healthier drink? Hopefully, this will make you feel less guilty after having one of these wonderful coffee milkshakes.
Now You Know How To Make the Coffee Milkshake with Ice Cream
So, with this guide, you should be able to make a great coffee milkshake with ice cream. Whether you are looking to enjoy it as a refreshment during the hot summer days or as a little treat in the winter, you can do it all with this simple and easy recipe.