The Coffee Bros is reader-supported. Affiliate links on our site may earn us a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Are you tired of waiting for your coffee maker to heat up water for your morning cup of joe? Do you find yourself longing for a quick and easy way to make a cup of instant coffee, even when you don’t have access to hot water? Well, worry not – you can make instant coffee with cold water!
First of all, let’s clarify that we’re talking about instant coffee, not regular ground coffee that you brew in a coffee maker.
Instant coffee is made by dehydrating brewed coffee, so all you need to do is add water (hot or cold) to bring it back to life!
How to Make Coffee With Cold Water
To make coffee with cold water, simply follow these steps:
- Fill a glass or mug with cold water.
- Add a spoonful (or two, depending on your preference) of instant coffee to the water.
- Stir the mixture until the instant coffee is fully dissolved.
- Add any desired sweeteners or creamers, and enjoy your cold brew instant coffee!
Now, you might be wondering – won’t the cold water make the coffee taste weak or watered down? While it’s true that hot water is typically used to make instant coffee because it helps to extract more flavor from the coffee granules, cold water can also work in a pinch.
In fact, some people actually prefer the smoother, less acidic taste of coffee made with cold water.
Another option is to use room-temperature water instead of cold water. This will help to extract more flavor from the instant coffee than cold water will. However, it still won’t have the same potency as hot water.
You can also try adding a bit more instant coffee to the water to compensate for the lower temperature. The choice is yours!
Different Drinks You Can Make With Instant Coffee and Cold Water
Now that you know how to make instant coffee with cold water, you might be wondering about some other creative ways to enjoy this versatile beverage. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Make iced coffee. If you’re a fan of iced coffee, you can use instant coffee to make it even more quickly and easily. Simply mix the desired amount of instant coffee with cold water, add any sweeteners or creamers, and pour the mixture over ice. You can also try adding some milk or cream to make a creamy iced latte or adding some flavored syrups for a tasty twist on the classic iced coffee.
- Add instant coffee to smoothies. If you like smoothies, you can add instant coffee to them for a tasty and energizing boost. Simply mix a spoonful of instant coffee with some cold water, and blend it into your favorite smoothie recipe. You can also try adding some chocolate or cocoa powder for a delicious mocha smoothie (that’s what we do).
- Make instant coffee popsicles. Although it’s technically not a drink, it’s still worth making! Simply mix some instant coffee with cold water, and pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Add any desired sweeteners or flavorings, and freeze the popsicles until they’re solid. You can also try adding some milk or cream to the mixture for a creamy and delicious popsicle.
Other Ideas That You May Like
But wait, there’s more! In addition to the creative uses for instant coffee with cold water mentioned above, there are also some practical uses for this versatile drink. For example:
- Use it as a base for cold brew coffee. If you’re a fan of cold brew coffee but don’t have the time or equipment to make it the traditional way (by steeping ground coffee in cold water for hours), you can use instant coffee as a shortcut. All you need to do is mix the desired amount of instant coffee with cold water and let it steep for a few minutes. Strain out the coffee granules, and you’ll have a tasty, refreshing cold brew coffee ready to drink.
- Add it to marinades or rubs for meat. If you’re a barbecue enthusiast, you can use instant coffee to add depth and complexity to your marinades and rubs. To begin, mix a spoonful of instant coffee with some cold water, and use the mixture to marinate your meat before grilling. The coffee will help to tenderize the meat and give it a rich and smoky flavor.
- Use it to make coffee ice cubes. If you like your iced coffee to stay cold and strong, try making coffee ice cubes! Mix some instant coffee with cold water, and pour the mixture into ice cube trays. Once you’ve frozen the cubes, you can add them to your iced coffee to keep it cold and flavorful without watering it down.
Finding the Best Instant Coffee
Now that you know all about the creative and practical uses of instant coffee with cold water, you might be wondering where to get your hands on this delicious and convenient beverage.
The good news is that instant coffee is widely available in most supermarkets and online retailers (but you probably already knew that).
When shopping for instant coffee, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, choose a brand that you trust and enjoy.
There are many different brands of instant coffee on the market, and each one has its own unique flavor profile and quality. Some people prefer a bold and robust instant coffee, while others prefer a smoother and more mellow flavor.
Try out a few different brands to find the one that suits your taste preferences.
Another thing to consider is the type of instant coffee you want to buy. There are two main types of instant coffee – regular and decaf.
Regular instant coffee contains caffeine, which can provide a pick-me-up and boost of energy.
Decaf instant coffee, on the other hand, is made from coffee beans that have had most of the caffeine removed, so it’s a good option for people who are sensitive to caffeine or want to avoid it altogether.
Finally, consider the form of the instant coffee you want. Instant coffee is available in three types – granules, crystals, and powder.
Granules and crystals are the most common forms, and they are made by dehydrating brewed coffee.
However, powder is made by spray-drying brewed coffee, which results in a finer and more uniform texture. The form you choose will depend on your personal preference and how you plan to use the instant coffee.
So next time you’re in need of a quick and easy cup of coffee and don’t have access to hot water, don’t despair, you can still enjoy a delicious cold brew instant coffee.
Join Other Coffee-Loving Individuals
And there you have it, the answer to “can you make instant coffee with cold water?”
We work hard to cover pretty much all topics that are related to the wonderful brown bean. You can subscribe to our newsletter to receive just one email each month that lets you know about our recent posts.
What do you have to lose?